Learn more about the additional functions
Find out what the additional functions are after updating your XAV-601BT/-701BT/-741.
But before you get started, you'll need to check if you have the latest firmware:
- Select Settings from Home Menu
- Select General Settings
- Select Firmware Version
- Confirm "JR08_xav_1.13.003" is displayed.
If a different version number is displayed, please first update your model to the latest update.
For the XAV-601BT
For the XAV-701BT
For the XAV-741
- User Interface
- Bluetooth Hands-free phone (except XAV-741)
- Voice command (except XAV-741)
- Voice command (XAV-701BT)
- Adding the MirrorLink Full Screen mode
- It can enable you to utilize MirrorLink™ application on larger screen by "Full-screen mode".
- You can select the Full-screen mode or Normal mode by setting menu. (Default setting is Full-screen mode.)
- Adding controllability by remote commander
- MirrorLink application projected on AVC screen can be controlled by the remote commander in addition to touch control.
- Availability of this function depends on the Smartphone and the Smartphone's application. Availability information will be described in the new compatibility list.
- Newly added button "return to playback screen of current source" from home
- "Zone x Zone button" on the current Home screen will be replaced with it for improvement of usability.
- Zone x Zone setting will be available in setting menu instead of setting it from the home screen.
Bluetooth Hands-free phone (except XAV-741)
- Maximum number of Stored contact change
- This function is only available for BT models.
- You can store up to 1000 contacts instead of 500 contacts as defined in current spec.
Voice command (except XAV-741)
- Voice command equipped in Smartphone can be activated via "Home" key of the AVC
- This function is only available with Bluetooth models.
- Availability of voice command(Siri, Google voice and voice dial etc) function depends on the Smartphone.
Voice command (XAV-701BT)
- "HOME" key is currently assigned for "ATT"
- "Voice command" or "ATT ON/OFF" is either-or option
- To activate Voice command, you need to change the key assignment from the General setting. ("voicecommand" should be selected)