What is casting?
Chromecast is a technology that lets you watch your favourite entertainment and apps from your mobile device, tablet or computer on your TV or speakers.
If you want to know more about Chromecast built-in, you can visit the Official Chromecast built-in website.
What do I need to cast?
- Sony’s Android TV™/Google TV™
- When casting to a Google TV, you need to be logged in to your Google account on the TV.
- A computer and Wi-Fi network with the minimum system requirements
- Your TV and mobile phone or computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- To cast a Google Chrome Browser tab or your computer screen to your TV, you must be logged in to the same Google account on your TV and on your computer.
- If you aren't logged in to your Google account in the browser, you will be able to cast YouTube, but not your computer screen.
- The latest version of the Chrome browser must be installed on the computer
To check the version, follow the steps below:
- Click the More icon on the upper right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Go to Help → About Google Chrome.
How to use Google Cast
Video: how to cast content to your Sony TV