IMPORTANT: If your model is not listed in the Applicable Products and Categories section, refer to the following article: The Walkman battery cannot be charged.
If your Walkman battery doesn't charge, check the following:
- If you attempt to charge the Walkman while using it, it takes longer to charge completely.
My Walkman has a USB Type-C port:
To charge the Walkman, use the supplied USB cable. Third-party cables are not guaranteed to work correctly.
If you want to use a commercially available cable, make sure that it is a USB Type-C cable that
The Walkman won't charge if the cable does not comply with the USB standard.
I charge the Walkman using a USB AC adaptor:
I charge my Walkman using a computer:
- The battery may be completely drained when using the Walkman for the first time or after an extended storage period. If this is the case, the display will not appear on the screen when you first start charging but will appear after about 30 minutes of charging.
- complies with the USB standard (USB Type-C),
- has data transmission functionality,
- and has a 56 K Ohm resistor.
- Use a USB AC adapter with a potential current of 1.5A.
Note: If you use an AC adaptor that does not support rapid charging, the Charging slowly message may appear on the Walkman screen.
- Use the USB AC adapter with the supplied USB cable.
- Ensure that the USB cable is correctly connected to the Walkman and USB AC adapter. Similarly, check that the USB AC adapter firmly plugs into the outlet.
- Use the supplied USB cable. If you want to use a commercially available cable, make sure that it is a USB Type-C cable that complies with the USB standard, has data transmission functionality, and has a 56 K Ohm resistor.
- Do not use a charge-only USB cable or a USB cable with no data transmission functionality.
- The Walkman won't charge when the computer is in sleep mode, even if you connect it to the computer. Be sure to cancel the sleep mode before attempting to charge the Walkman.
- The Walkman won't charge when connected via a separate USB hub.
- If your computer has multiple USB ports, connect the Walkman to another USB port, and try charging again.
Try a Reset
If the issue is not resolved after checking all the items above, reset (restart) the Walkman. For details on how to reset the Walkman, refer to the Help Guide for your model Walkman. Remember, no data or settings are deleted when you reset the Walkman.