Keyboard Receiver Firmware 1.89 (Windows 10 32bit/64bit, Windows 8.1 32bit/64bit)
Supports switching function for enabling/disabling touchpad gesture functions
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Supports switching function for enabling/disabling touchpad gesture functions
- Supports inverting scroll direction in two-finger slide gesture
- Solves the issue of reverse action in rescaling content size depending on application (e.g. Map)
- Solves the issue of unintended screen scroll when using a two-finger pinch gesture
- Supports changing wait time setting for touchpad click
- Solves the issue of key input loss and unintended key hold-down
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes the issue of unintended key input through touchpad top-edge swipe depending on keyboard layout setting
- Fixes the issue of unintended key input through touchpad right-edge swipe depending on keyboard layout setting
- Fixes the issue of unintended Cortana launch in some versions of Windows 10
- Fixes the issue of first keyboard input loss after OS boot/reboot/hibernation resume
- Fixes the issue of USB selective suspension
- Improves the feeling of key repetition when pressing and holding some keys
- Version 1.89
- 6,824,704 byte
The latest version of this update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
Before you upgrade
- Sometimes the message "Windows needs your permission to continue" may appear in the User Account Control dialogue box. In this case, click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the instructions.
Step 1: Install the update
Make sure to log in as an Administrator on your computerIMPORTANT:
- You MUST complete both steps "1. Update" and "2. Pairing" below to update firmware.
- You MUST NOT sleep, restart or shut down before both steps "1. Update" and "2. Pairing" are complete.
- Download EP0000******.exe and save it in a folder on your computer.
- Ensure the AC power adaptor is connected to your computer before you proceed.
- Go to the folder where the file has been downloaded.
- Double-tap (or double-click) EP0000******.exe
- Tap "1. Update" button. ("Updating firmware..." message will be shown. Wait about 1 minute).
- After "Update Success!!!" message is shown, tap "2. Pairing" button.
- Complete the pairing manually following the instruction "Pairing the Wireless Keyboard with your VAIO computer.”
- Tap "Close" button.
- Restart your computer.
Step 2: Check the update was successfulAfter the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully.
Check the device properties in device manager.
Select [USB Composite Device] (Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0003) → Properties → [Details] tab → [Bus reported device description]
If the version shown is "1.89", the upgrade was successful.