Hi-Res Audio Player for Windows
Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files
This information is for the following models:
Note: The RSX-GS9 model supports Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 only.
Note: A USB DAC device driver must be installed on the computer.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files. The software includes the following features:
- Easily Play high-res audio: When connected to a USB DAC device you can easily play hi-res audio, such as DSD files purchased from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: You can create, save, and edit a playlist so you can play your favorite tunes the way you want.
- Play high-quality sound and more: Through the software settings you can play tunes with higher audio quality.
- Version 1.2.7
- 9.40MB(9,861,952 bytes)
Hi-Res Audio Player can be used with the following system environments:
Windows 10 Home/Pro
Windows 8.1/8.1 Pro
Intel Core 2 Processor 1.6 GHz or higher
1 GB or higher
- Screen resolution
1024 x 768 pixels or higher
- The RSX-GS9 model supports Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 only.
- One of the above operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- Meeting the above system requirements does not guarantee operation for all computers.
Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click the [Download] button.
- The download notification screen will be displayed. Click [Save].
- The [Save as] screen will be displayed and you can specify the destination. If you select [Desktop] as the destination, you will be able to find the saved file easily.
- When download completion screen is shown, click [Close].
- Double-click the installer file "Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.7.exe" saved on your computer. The installer file will be extracted.
- When [User Account Control] screen is displayed, click [Yes] or [Continue].
- The [Select the language for installation] screen is shown. If you are happy with English, simply click [Next].
- Click [Next] to start the installation wizard.
- The [Licence Agreement] screen is shown.
After you have read over the agreement, click [I accept the terms in the licence agreement] to confirm you accept the agreement.
Then, click [Next] to begin the installation.
- Installation will begin. Wait for a while until the installation has finished.
- Installation is complete. Click [Finish] to exit the installer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
Click [Start] and select [All Programs] > [SONY] > [Hi-Res Audio Player] > [Hi-Res Audio Player]
Questions & Answers
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Player is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install Hi-Res Audio Player on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player does not start. Or, Hi-Res Audio Player window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall Hi-Res Audio Player, and then install it again.
Uninstalling Hi-Res Audio Player
- To uninstall the application, go to "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel (for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10).
- Select "Hi-Res Audio Player" from the list and click "Uninstall".
Follow the instructions shown on screen to uninstall.