This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where the Digital Music Player is disabled after making a Bluetooth connection to a device with iOS 13
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Addressed the issue in which the "No Data" or "Data Error" message is heard and playback is not available in some cases
- Addressed other issues
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified above.
Note: Not supported in Windows XP compatibility mode.
- Firmware Update version 1.02 for NW-WS620 Series (Windows)
- Version 1.02
- 47.4 MB (49,769,784 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your Walkman have already been updated to firmware version 1.02 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Connect your Walkman to your computer via USB*.
- On your computer, check the "information.txt" file in the root folder.
- The "information.txt" file contains the following information:
- 01: Model series name
- 02: System software version
Soon after the software update, information about the previous version before the update is shown in the "information.txt". To get the latest version information, remove your Walkman from the cradle and reattach it again.
*Attach the USB cable (supplied) to the USB cradle (supplied). Then, attach your Walkman to the USB cradle.
Before you upgrade
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer. Data that remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee that tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have around 80 MB of free space. Please check that there is sufficient free space.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When installing this file, make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with administrative rights.
- For Windows 10 users or Windows 8.1 users, "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialogue box. Click [Continue] to proceed and follow the announcements.
Download & Install
Note: The NW-WS620 Series firmware update is only possible via PC.
Step 1: Install the update
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, connect your Walkman to your PC via USB.
- Close all software running on your computer.
- Double-click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
While the system software is updating, note the following.
- Do not remove the USB cable from either the PC or the USB cradle.
- Do not remove your Walkman from the USB cradle.
- When the message indicating that the upgrade is complete displays, click [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm that the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the Firmware version shown is "1.02", the upgrade was successful.